Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

TAXES: Why I-1098 is not to be trusted

Letter by Raymond L. Tiffany, Olympia on Sep. 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm with 55 Comments »
September 24, 2010 2:31 pm

For some, instituting a state income tax (voting yes for Initiative 1098) may seem the best approach to solving our revenue problems. Bill Gates Sr., seems genuinely sincere that, since only a very small percentage of the population will be affected, the majority of voters should favor this method of budget balancing.

He takes great delight in asserting that our schools will be improved, our property taxes lowered and the B&O taxes reduced. He implies that none of the revenue will go to the “general fund.”

As a one-time resident of other states that convinced voters to allow gambling so that its revenues would be dedicated to education improvement and property tax reduction, only to find that the new revenue sources were quickly shifted to the general fund, I find Gates’ remarks rather disputable.

It is more likely that any new taxes imposed upon the so-called “rich” would soon be diverted to maintaining the status quo, followed by an income tax applied to all classes as soon as legislatively possible.

I urge voters to reject I-1098.

1. Roncella says:

No New Taxes, No to the State In ome Tax.

We are all Taxed Enough Already !!!

Bill Gates is rich enough to make a large donation for all the Schools in Washington since he is so concerned about schools.

2. If you trusted the Legislature to uphold I-960, you can trust them to just soak the rich with an income tax. And you can trust me when I tell you I have the title to a new bridge in Tacoma.

3. BigSwingingRichard says:

Patty Murray supports an income tax in Washington. Vote her out now!

4. DevilDoc says:

For reasons quite unknown and not understood at all, Gates Senior is lying when he mentions that property taxes will drop for all home owners by 20%. After watching helplessly as the Governor “repealed” the people’s mandate of NO more taxation HOW can we feel any trust at all with this current administration?
    Here is a quote from the Washington Policy center (www.washingtonpolicy.org) that explains the possible tax ‘reduction’ more honestly:

Initiative 1098 would create a 5% tax on incomes over $200,000 per year for individuals and $400,000 for couples. I-1098 would reduce the state’s portion of the property tax by 20% (amounting to a 4% overall reduction in property taxes) and increase the B&O tax exemption to $4,800. After two years, the legislature can by simple majority vote raise the tax rates and extend the tax to anyone.

5. eagle_beak says:

we had another letter regarding I-1098 with many comments.
    again i urge anyone with an open mind to read “The Fair Tax Book” -by Neal Boortz.
    this history of taxation in our country is enlightening and it offers a way out of our tangled mess. the federal income tax started out the very same way that the state is trying to get this thru — “it will only be on the rich”

God bless America and help us make our country great!

6. OldLefty says:

“BigSwingingRichard says:
    September 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm
    Patty Murray supports an income tax in Washington. Vote her out now! ”

Another mental giant. Patty Murray doesn’t make Washington State laws.

7. OldLefty says:

What I’d like to know is who do you people complain to when gas prices go up at will? My guess is no one. You just line up at the pump like nice little lemmings and say “thank you Big Oil, may I have another?”

Taxes provide services in your community. Would you prefer to have to have your credit card checked by the EMT while you are having your heartattack because you have to pay cash to a private entity?

The whole anti-tax “movement” reminds me of another kind of movement.

8. Uh, I can choose to buy gas, or not. I can’t choose to pay taxes, or not. Get it?

9. iamjimbo says:

Washington State Lottery anyone? Ring a bell?

10. nokoolaide says:

Lefty, this is a democracy where the majority rules. Come November we will see where you stand.

11. OldLefty says:

“velmak says:
    September 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm
    Uh, I can choose to buy gas, or not. I can’t choose to pay taxes, or not. Get it? ”

Become a homesteader in Alaska. You may even get a lump of money from oil companies, via the government, but of course you’d turn that down because it’s a socialist concept.

12. OldLefty says:

nokoolaid:

REALLY? A majority???? Is that why a minority of Republicans keep tying up the Senate?

You up for the bet?

13. OldLefty says:

Nokoolaid:

I’m already starting the rumor that Rossi is an illegal immigrant from Italy because his last name ends with a vowel. We will remind TEApublicans that copies of a birth certificate are not a birth certificate and no matter how many times it’s posted on the internet, we’ll deny it.

This is America and we have our rights, too (chuckle)

14. firemannotfirefighter says:

This reminds of another TAX the RICH scheme that went wrong. The AMT, or Alternative Minimum Tax. Just like the AMT, this initiative isn’t indexed for inflation and will eventually be a burden on the middle class, just as the AMT has become. Second, after 2 years, the Washington State Legislature can choose to ignore or modify the ENTIRE text of the initiative. Jimbo brings up a great point regarding the lottery (Sorry bout that other post Jim). This money doesn’t go to education it goes into the state coffers in order for them to spend as they see fit.

OldLefty, AS a FIREMAN/EMT, actually you already do hand us your Visa. First of all Fire and EMS are provided at a local level not a state level. Second, most EMS transports in the State of Washington are done by Private 3rd Party companies. Those departments that transport, mostly charge a fee. The cost for such an ambulance ride varies between $500 and in excess of $1,000. So yes, while you are having a heart attack, your personal information is being written down so a bill can be sent you or your family later! Your argument regarding avoiding taxes is also idiotic at best.

15. DevilDoc says:

Old “lefty” or is it old fool?
    Your comments, while condescending and rude, show to all that if you were any further ‘left’ you’d probably be hired by our illustrious president for yet another unnecessary post. How does “Czar of Movements” sound to ya? You seem to be SOOO well qualified!

Honest taxes are required, honesty from elected leadership SHOULD be, but seems to have disappeared from the great American scene. When you wake up to the great swindle, who will you have to cry to?
    Believe me, this is NOT the country I fought for 40 plus years ago. I had a dream once… politics has made that dream a bloody nightmare. I believe “mental giants” (YOUR words, not mine) such as you are a major cause of this country’s slow demise.
    I will try to remain Semper Fidelis!
    Enjoy the freedom you have… no need to thank any of us veterans.

16. OldLefty says:

“DevilDoc says:
    September 24, 2010 at 6:06 pm
    Old “lefty” or is it old fool?
    Your comments, while condescending and rude,”

This is a joke, right?

DevilDoc – I have two things to say. Thanks for your service to the country…..and…….your service to the country doesn’t mean that you are any better than anyone that didn’t serve in the military.

Now, the “fight for this country 40 years ago” was the Vietnam War. I’m old enough to know all about it. It had nothing to do with “our country”, sort of the way that Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11.

If you want the country back as it was when you were in Nam, I suggest you consider that we had a President that avoided impeachment by quitting and half his cabinet and advisors were jailed. Remember that you came home to a country that was raging in inflation because of the costs of that war that didn’t make diddly of a difference to the security of our domestic land. Labor organizations protected about 30% of workers, as opposed to 8% today and despite such, the Crook called the President was able to invoke a “wage and price freeze” – better known as a WAGE FREEZE to more adequately line the pockets of big business.

If you don’t like the way I’ve posted this, find a different reality. Mine is historical fact.

17. OldLefty says:

Oh and Devil Doc – a piece of information to help with that czar problem of yours:

“In the United States, the informal political term “czar” or “tsar” is employed in media and popular usage to refer to high-level officials who oversee a particular policy. There have never been any U.S. government offices with the title “czar”, but various governmental officials have sometimes been referred to by the nickname “czar” rather than their actual title.

The earliest known use of the term for a U.S. government official was in the administration of Franklin Roosevelt (1933–1945), during which twelve positions were so described. The term was revived, mostly by the press, to describe officials in the Nixon and Ford administrations and continues today.

18. OldLefty says:

“OldLefty, AS a FIREMAN/EMT, actually you already do hand us your Visa. First of all Fire and EMS are provided at a local level not a state level. Second, most EMS transports in the State of Washington are done by Private 3rd Party companies. Those departments that transport, mostly charge a fee. The cost for such an ambulance ride varies between $500 and in excess of $1,000. So yes, while you are having a heart attack, your personal information is being written down so a bill can be sent you or your family later!

And as a heart attack victim, I never had an emergency worker worry about my ability to pay until I was safe and stable. When I was transported by Black Lake Fire and Rescue, I never saw a bill.

Now, if you are a fireman/emt, you should be the first to support taxes. Where do you think your salary and benefits come from?

19. OldLefty says:

nokoolaid isn’t taking my bet, huh?

20. OldLefty says:

Fireman/EMT – let’s dig a little deeper on the subject.

I lived in Morton WA for about a year. Volunteer firefighters. Wonderful guys, but……..not on the job 24/7 because no one could pay them to be there.

Now, as an EMT, you’ll know that every second counts with a heartattack or stroke victim.

Isn’t it nice that there are tax paid firefighters ready and waiting where it can be afforded? Is this something that we want to do away with?

Lewis County, WA – 78% of the county budget goes for criminal justice. As my Conservative friend, the 3rd District Commissioner says “which part do you want to cut?”

Privatize either of those “industries” and you have less service and more chances of lives being lost.

21. firemannotfirefighter says:

Doesn’t mean that there wasn’t one.

My salary comes from the City I work For. My benefits come from a combination of 50% ME, 25% My City and 25% the State. The State, by the way, run by lefties who decide ALLLLLL the time to skip payments, making the pension plan insolvent or lacking the required funds, and then raises the rates that we all have to pay. So In other words, because the state mishandles our money, it has to pay higher fees and higher contributions in order to maintain the required level, rather than just making the payments on time.

1098 will be a tax on the middle class, just as the AMT has become because it is NOT indexed for Inflation! The levels set by 1098 can be lowered at any time after the initial 2 years! This left driven state legislature taxes the middle class MORE than anyone else. Who pays the majority of the gas tax? Middle Class. Sin Taxes? Middle Class. Property Taxes? Middle Class. Everytime those morons in Olympia tax the rich, the middle class gets screwed! So until Olympia can get their spending under control, their heads out of their rears and until they start making decisions that HELP the middle class, I will not support a SINGLE tax increase. Prove my money is being put to use when and where it is supposed to, and then maybe!

22. firemannotfirefighter says:

OldLefty,

My stance on this issue has mainly to do with3 things.

1. 1098 is not indexed for inflation! It becomes a middle class tax down the road

2. Olympia mismanages money and the middle class pays for it! Start handling my money better, and I may support it. Until then, this pocket is closed to ALLLLL tax increases and I don’t care what side of the aisle you sit on!

3. Olympia can change the amount to $50,000/year after the first 2 years. Considering how much this state likes to screw with initiatives, My guess is that it will be lowered within 5 years to around $150,000 ( in today’s dollars) and $100,000 (also today’s dollars) within 10 years. I work my Job as a Fireman/EMT, my wife works, and I have 2 additional part-time jobs. I am working to pay my house off, build up a retirement account, and send my offspring to school. My truck is paid for and 13 years old. My wifes car is paid for. My commuter car is almost paid for. See where this is going? I work, pay off debt with the eventual goal of enjoying the fruits of my labor. I pay my debt as I go! Olympia makes more debt and expects me to pay it as I go as well!

23. OldLefty says:

Fireman – if there is a bill, I see it. The insurance company is required to show me what they paid, as well as it’s to their benefit.

If you are paying for half of your benefits, you are doing better than many. Thank the taxpayers in your city the next time you get a chance. You can also thank them for your salary. No retirement account? Are you not part of the International Association of Firefighters?

If managing a state government was only as simple as managing a home. Let’s start with 35,000 employees and all of the real estate that it takes to house said employees. Just pay cash? I don’t think so.

My hat goes off to your personal fiscal conservatism. I’m somewhat like you in that I’m working on a five year plan to retirement. I’m just not naive enough to think that you can run a state government the same way.

Tax changes – you’ve got me there. The elected officials with whom we entrust the responsibility of running the government may have to change tax laws to pay the bills. It’s sort of like when your local food store raises the price of ground beef.

24. DevilDoc says:

To argue politics and taxes with a self proclaimed coward is anathema to my beliefs.
    Just another who forgets where his liberties have always come from… and shooting your mouth away in such a forum as this has become pathetic.
    You can rant all you wish… freedom, remember? I’ll take my leave and enjoy the peace I surround myself with here at home. It is moronic individuals with the realization that they have wasted their lives who irritate the most… and I do hope your heart can take the strain of your reality.

FIREMAN: THANK YOU for your service to your community! Good on you!
    Good night folks.

25. OldLefty says:

fireman – those “lefties” you speak of, are the ones that support you a whole lot more than the rightees that want to cut, cut, cut – and if you get caught up in the cut, oh well.

My wife is a government employee, just back to work after 9 months of “layoff” because of those “cuts”

Don’t fool yourself into thinking you are immune. I recall a fire station on the tideflats (industrial fires?????????) being closed not so long ago.

26. OldLefty says:

“DevilDoc says:
    September 24, 2010 at 7:01 pm
    So “old left” knows all about the Vietnam war and those years of internal unrest, eh? I would suggest to you that, since you were likely a draft dodger and less than a patriot THEN, that you are no better a citizen or human being now.”

Oh my…..the “I’m more patriotic than you are” argument. I didn’t dodge any draft. That was Dick Cheney and George Bush (if you are truly a Nam vet you know the National Guard was to avoid going the Nam), Rush Limbaugh and a host of other “patriots”

Your silly flagwaving is boring as whale vomit.

I quote Sinclair Lewis – “When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

27. truthbusterguy says:

This is class warfare. It doesn’t work. My brother, who is very wealthy, recently left New York state. He took his IT business and moved to Nashville TN. He left behind 25 employees that were making $70,000 a year on average. He hired good people looking for jobs in TN that had moved there from other states with income tax because the IT industry is moving to states with lower taxes. He saved $30,000 in New York taxes. Now New York is paying UE to his former employees.
    Does anyone remember the luxury tax on cars and boats over $30,000? It caused the rich to buy their boat out of the country and hurt car sales. Dealers couldn’t sell a car over $30,000. Class warfare doesn’t work.

28. Sumner401 says:

Lefty, this is a democracy where the majority rules

Another republican demonstrates they have no clue how their very own system of Govt works, yet they will try to tell you how to vote!

29. the3rdpigshouse says:

The politically & economically ignorant electorate will support I-1098!! Vote “NO” on I-1098 if you have a brain!

30. firemannotfirefighter says:

OldLefty,

Yes, I am a very PROUD member of the IAFF, but that has nothing to do with my retirement. My LEOFF Fund is continually raided by those lefties that you proclaim are on my side (Sen. Lisa Brown specifically).

I am saving for my retirement because I want to live comfortably, because with the way this country is going, who the hell knows what it will be like in 25 years when I retire. I prefer to be in charge of my own financial destiny, not someone else. And I expect the State to do the same.

I am not trying to say that the State should be run like a household. What I am saying, is that the state needs to be responsible to the taxpayers, and it isn’t. In my own Government agency, I am not allowed to change a light bulb. That’s right, to change a 65 Watt incandescent light bulb, I have to submit a request and have a CERTIFIED electrician come out and change it. I can drive a Fire Truck worth over a Million dollars Code Red down a one way street in the wrong direction, but I can’t change a lightbulb. This isn’t the exception either, this is an every day occurrence at the City, County and even state level. Spend what you have RESPONSIBLY, otherwise people will start voting down tax increases!

The economy of this State, and of the Nation, requires people to spend money. The only way for people to spend money (at least responsibly) is to have money in their pocket. This will take money OUT of the middle class pockets because it is NOT indexed for inflation, because the state legislature can modify it at will and because EVERYTIME this state raises taxes, it hits the middle class the most. Tell you what lefty, name 1 tax increase in this state over the past 30 years that has not hit the middle class HARDER than the rich. Just 1 example. If you can even find 1 example, I bet I can find a loophole that got rich people out of it, and it eventually soaked the middle class!

31. OldLefty says:

Truth – if I would have moved his business to India, he could have done even better.

How nice that he’s still willing to be an American business.

And the loyalty to those workers in New York that made him what he is……

I’m speechless!

32. OldLefty says:

Fireman:

My brother is a retired officer in your union. I’m far from ignorant about pay, benefits, etc. I wanted to see where you’d go with this.

Job security with unionization can be annoying, but, as you attempt to say about taxation, the same goes for juristiction – “give them an inch and they’ll take a mile.

The earlier post by ‘Truth” is a great example. All for his own benefit, he abandoned workers who had made him what he was.

33. firemannotfirefighter says:

Lefty,

Are you sure you shouldn’t be talking about legalizing Dope? Cause your comments make NO sense. First off all, your brother may have been an officer in an IAFF Local, but he didn’t retire from that position. He retired from the Department he was working for and it probably wasn’t MY department. The IAFF is made up of LOCAL unions. His retirement wasn’t as an officer of my union. If he was an IAFF officer, and retired from that position, then he wasn’t an active fireman. The IAFF has NOTHING to do with my pension. That is a State and local level, not International.

Second, where the hell am I am even talking about Unionization?

Again, show me 1 instance where the State has implemented a tax on the “Rich” that hasn’t come back to soak the middle class.

You are saying how my household makes more, yes, it probably does. Because I work my ass off at multiple Jobs and my wife works. You could make allot more than I do if you wanted, even in this economy. Again, my complaint about taxes go back to the way this is written, the way this will be implemented and changed. Why can’t you admit that this state SOAKS the middle class? You want to tax the rich? THEN TAX THE RICH NOT THE MIDDLE CLASS!

Arguing with you is pointless, as you are defined by your name… Completely LEFT (of reasoning one might assume). You want to pay more taxes? Then write a check to the State Treasury. Until the state begins to spend in a responsible manner and until they quit SOAKING the middle class, I will adamantly oppose any new taxes (by the way, not even a tea party member, told to leave because I was to liberal).

34. klthompson says:

New York and New Jersey also tried to mine the money of the rich only to discover the rich had left the state. The rich have the mobility and money to just up and leave and have shown their willingness to do so.

35. nokoolaide says:

Lefty, I didn’t respond sooner because I have a life.

36. Sumner401 says:

I always thought fireman were more honest than this……I hope most are.

37. Most likely 1098 will fail, mostly out of fear, although, a state income tax would be a win for the middle class.

Relying solely on a sales tax puts the burden on the shoulders of the middle class, and leaves those with higher incomes relatively off the hook.

Having both a sales tax and an income tax balances the load equitably across the board.

38. nwcolorist says:

You may be right in your assessment about taxes, Polago. And also, the sales tax is harder on the poor, who must pay a relatively higher percentage of their income than people who make more money.

If we could just sit down and come to an agreement the best combination of taxes and tax levels that create revenue for government without punishing hard working business people, what a period of prosperity we would see.

But under the present “class warfare” political scenario, there is no way that will happen. Defeat I-1098.

39. donjames says:

“Another mental giant” says:

“What I’d like to know is who do you people complain to when gas prices go up at will?”
    Yup, that’s right, no one complains about rising gas prices – especially governments who also see there revenues go up incrementally with gas price increases.

“You can avoid sales tax by not purchasing non-food items. You can avoid paying property taxes by not owning property. You can avoid taxes on booze by not drinking. You can avoid taxes on income by not earning. To my knowledge, bartering is still non-taxable.”
    Take it you being both facetious and naive at the same time. (FYI, bartering is taxable – just harder to track.)

“Tell you what. You’d better work like the dickens to go from 41 Senators to 60. I’ll bet a week’s salary that it doesn’t happen.”
    Uhmm, leftie, no one expects a Republican supermajority… just a majority will do. And failing that, further erosion of democrat near-supermajority will be just fine. But what the hell, I’ll take your be – I got an extra fifty bucks I can spare. (You did say your week’s salary, right?)

“If you want the country back as it was when you were in Nam, I suggest you consider that we had a President that avoided impeachment by quitting… ”
    You mean the president who got us out of “Nam”… not the one who got us in under false pretexts… right?

“As an insured American, I enjoy the ability of having most of my medical paid for.”
    I’ll bet you do. But if, God forbid, you should have a similar event under 0bamacare, kindly write us again with a post-script… if possible.

“If you are paying for half of your benefits, you are doing better than many. Thank the taxpayers in your city the next time you get a chance.”
    Uhhmm, leftie, the national average percentage of health insurance premiums paid by public sector workers is under 25% – in this state it’s under 10%. Still think fireman’s got a good gig? Of course, it doesn’t matter to someone who is is likely paying 0%.

“I didn’t dodge any draft. That was Dick Cheney and George Bush…
    Soo, a well documented congenital heart condition isn’t worthy of a deferment, and National Guard service doesn’t count in the opinion of… ? I’ll give you Limbaugh though.

“What amazes me from your posts is that your household probably out earns mine by double (or more) and I’m not complaining about taxes.”
    Thank God for the Earned Income Tax credit. etc, ‘eh?

And what amazes me is how willingly liberals will march in the class warfare army.

40. Sumner401 says:

And working hard to defend the redistribution of money up to the top for the last 30 years isn’t ‘class warfare’?
    Or is it class welfare?

41. BigSwingingRichard says:

Old Lefty:

Patty Murray supports the state income tax because she is in the pockets of the unions who are bankrolling this initiative.

She is a Senator from the state of Washington and she has significant influence over the Democrats who have run this state financially into the ground and are now supporting increasing taxes to pay for the years of overspending.

Does this sound anything like what is happening at the federal level, Lefty?

She and the other Democrats need to go.

PS: feel free to call me by my nickname, Lefty.

42. Sumner401 says:

Anything to back that nonsense up with?
    Or are you just talking out your you know what again?

The fear you have been taught to have of unions is amusing. Why are you against people being paid a decent wage?

43. villager98 says:

Why worry about this initiative? Washington voters have never had enough sense to replace the regressive and stupid tax system we have now and that has not changed.

44. If you consider your self not making a decent wage, and as you are living in a free country,you have the option of quitting your job and going on welfare,getting medicade,foodstamps and whatever else the Govt. will dole out to you,just like a lot of other folks have done. This might even raise your standard of living!

45. Summer – unions are running aerospace jobs out of Washington, causes public education to continue to deteriorate, has government workers paying dues which are indirectly paid by taxpayers, encourages teachers to participate in illegal strikes so they can send kids home early ten more days a year and so they can have 6 more minutes of planning time in Ferndale this year…..

Under state law, unions force employees to pay dues and join the union or lose their jobs….

Don’t get me started on card check…..

Other than this, they are great!

46. I will vote no on I-1098. This is nothing more than the camels nose in the tent. Once we open the door to state income tax, it is only a matter of time before everyone is paying it.

47. Bill Gates Sr. is just another example of an ultra-rich liberal who thinks that everyone can afford to pay more taxes. If he feels so strongly about this why doesn’t he write more checks to the general fund. All of you liberals can raise your own taxes any time you want. Just send a check to the federal, state, or local agency of your choice. But no, it’s always better to do things with other people’s money isn’t, liberals? if you liked what the Democrats did with I-960, you will love what they will do with an income tax. Have a look at any state that has both an income tax and a sales tax. Neither one ever seem to go down.

48. Sumner401 says:

Thanks for demonstrating my point bigrich, now care to explain just how and why you are so afraid of your fellow Americans earning a decent wage?

49. lovethemountains says:

Hey, OldLefty, the comment says only that Murray “supports” the income tax….not that she has anything to do with implementing the law. Now who looks like the “mental giant?”

50. Old Lefty – Yes, II could avoid paying taxes by not earning an income, but the economy will only support so many Dimocrat dead beats before it implodes. I’ll leave that brilliant strategy to you and your ilk.

51. OldLefty says:

“velmak says:
    September 26, 2010 at 2:48 pm
    Old Lefty – Yes, II could avoid paying taxes by not earning an income, but the economy will only support so many Dimocrat dead beats before it implodes. I’ll leave that brilliant strategy to you and your ilk. ”

How clever! A “I know you are but what am I?” response!

velmak, you’ll note I’m not the one worried about paying my fair share of taxes. I’ll leave that to the TEApublicans who think you can run the government with chewing gum, duct tape and baling wire.

52. OldLefty says:

“lovethemountains says:
    September 26, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I support the income tax. Vote me out of office too. Sheeeeeeeeesh.

53. eagle_beak says:

hmmm…… some very confrontational remarks.
    politics is certainly one big thing that divides many of us.
    let us remember all our opinions are valid and some respect for others views would be nice.
    open your minds. vote your conscience. many of you are not swaying anyone else’s opinions especially with attacks.

God bless America and help us make our country great!

54. alindasue says:

I have no problem paying property taxes and sales taxes. It’s what keeps our schools and parks and other public services running.

However, I’m not buying into the story that the preposed income tax would be devoted to paying for schools. That’s what they said about the Lotto when they first started it. So, how much of that lotto money is actually making it to the schools now, I wonder…

Not much, it would appear, or they wouldn’t need to fund the schools with yet another source, eh.

55. alindasue, I think you speak with wisdom.

O.L.I think you need to sharpen some of the knives in your drawer. Patty supports a very liberal agenda; she is in a position of power at the federal level (while you are just a lonely armchair blogger) — so it is perfectly logical to use her “support” of liberal stuff at the state level in determining her suitability as our senator.

Tell me you actually can see this.