Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

OBAMA: Don’t like him? Don’t watch him

Letter by Bill L. Hewitt, Tacoma on Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm with 54 Comments »
August 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: “Could we have an Obama-free day?” (letter, 8-10).

No we can’t. The writer needs to get a grip. After all, there are other things in life to think about. I suggest not watching TV or reading the paper, plugging her ears or just watching Fox, as I’m sure she already does.

We Democrats had to see President Bush’s image on his vacations, in print, on our computers, in the newspaper and on our TVs 24/7. That’s presidential politics. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

If the letter writer can’t handle it, then I suggest she find another hobby or go into seclusion for the next several years. Or maybe just
plug her ears and yell “No!” like her party does and let the president and other concerned citizens go about trying to solve the many problems of our country.

Bill Hewitt
Tacoma

Tags:
  1. BlaineCGarver says:

Get a grip, Hewitt. If you can’t take the heat, YOU get out of the kitchen. Obama is the big scratch in a beautiful Aria on a 78 rpm record: Garbage that drowns out everything good.

2. jandkgibbs says:

The big lie, and the even bigger joke amongst the willing Media IDIOTS who still fawn over this snake-oil salesman is how brilliant they say he is. But, what else could they say about the HORROR show they are personally responsible for putting into the White House?

Obama’s base consist of these three groups.

1. The intellectuals, academics and performers who’ve long forgotten what the real world is all about. There are the inheritors of wealth who think they are special because they have money.And don’t forget the Self-Important privileged unionists and those who have never built or have grown anything.

2 – There are also the Something-For-Nothing Bunch who are quick to grasp everything that is anti-business and anti-entrepreneurial, along with the Climate Changers and the rest of this mob of sad-sacks who pay very little to nothing in taxes.

3 – Then there are the Liberals, especially White Liberals who felt guilty and voted for this guy. Was it becauseof his race?

Everyone else is sick and tired of him.

OK, how many will now call me a racist. Go ahead and fire away. Libs have overused this term and it now carries little weight.

3. madmike272 says:

Bill, Bill, Bill…Do your doctors know that you got loose and are someone’s computer again? Go back to your room and take your meds. Maybe a nice “medical marijuana joint”?

4. the3rdpigshouse says:

Don’t Like Him! – a socialist/marxist anti-American community organizer is incapable of being a competent or desirable President!! “OH-Bummer” must go – the sooner the better!!!

5. As I have said so many times, I see Obama’s face more than I see my own every day. I also hear his distinctive SYBALENT “S” every time I hear his voice. So as Bill suggests, I change the channel and turn it off. But the poseur of the United States is so overexposed he always gets two or three syllables out before I can shut him down. This is probably what the original letter was about. Been to Spain lately?

6. the3rdpigshouse says:

When I see his lips start to move – I know he is about to “LIE” once again therefore, I immediately change the channel. I attempt to live a “NO-BAMA” existence.

7. jiminycricket says:

Amen, Bill! The truth hurts and your point is proven by the number of whiners that have commented! One has to appreciate the entertainment value. Thank you for that!

8. Sumner401 says:

Bill, you have hit the nail on the head, when you get the righties all stirred up and they attack you, you know you’re on the right track.

9. mr_sandman says:

jandkgibbs- your obviously shortsighted. You don’t remember the joke of a ticket the republicans put up? McCain/Palin? She is why they lost. What a joke, and she continues to bring YOUR party down. Nothing but an airhead.

10. jandkgibbs, YOU hit the nail on the head. November is coming and all of bo’s politicking for the past two years instead of doing his job has done nothing but lower his rating. But he’s still out there campaigning, vacationing and playing golf. Almost forgot – apologizing and bowing to the world. He is being avoided by his own party’s candidates now. What a sad statement for a man that is suppose to be president of America.

11. pen_mightier_than_sword says:

My God, I’ve never seen so many cry babies. Waaa, waaa, waaaaaa.

Soon all the Tea Partiers will be in eternal ecstasy in heaven with no illegal aliens, no minimum wage, no unions, no homosexuals (they’ll all be in hell) and no Socialists/Fascists/Marxists/Communists! Although isn’t heaven kinda Communist if you don’t have to work and God just gives you everything?

12. pjbalaska says:

Right on, Bill!

13. denismenis says:

I’ll be happy when they pull the plug on Palin’s mug… oh wait… just a minute…. there’s this gadget… called a remote… and HALLELULAH! It has an OFF button!

14. hansgruber says:

I have been doing what Bill has suggested, change the channel unless I am armed with my Obama Bingo Card, then I only watch until I get a bingo which is about 3 minutes.

15. Obama Bingo hahahahahahahaha. Fofgot all about that. Hilarious!

16. When W was in office my wife refused to watch him or listen to him as her loathing of the man was too intense. I suggest the TeaWhiners do the same.

17. Even Michelle Obama has had enough of him. Note she didn’t bother to be in town on his birthday–and no one else was either. He’s starting to look more and more like Barney on the cartoon network.

18. the3rdpigshouse says:

beerBoy – and that equates to you & yours being “BushWhiners”?!

19. donjames says:

It’s all about the “0”. It amazes me how few of his acolytes recognize a cult of personality when it is dancing on their chest. And the narcissist-in-chief learned his craft well from the queen of personality cultism; the original “O” – Oprah, who anointed barry as the “0ne”. Don’t believe it? Ask yourself who else has been on the cover of Oprah’s magazine in the 10 years it has been on the rack.

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”

“1984”, George Orwell, 1949

20. sevenstrokeroll says:

Now this is some funny stuff. I have now learned form you right wingers that “intellectual” people, ie. smart, make for bad leaders. Vote STUPID!

And I always thought Obama was a middle of the road Democrat, clearly sympathetic to corporate concerns…but now I know he is a “socialist/marxist America hater’?

Man and to think it was my understandiong that it was Republican policies that have destroyed the middle class and devestated the financial institutions? They were in charge for nearly 8 years prior to Obama. It is amazing that when you are a low information voter that watches only the Faux News Network, you get a whole new perspective on reality. Golly. Who knew? LOL!

21. FreeAmerica says:

In my opinion…
    Obama would be better served to speak as a president instead of constant campaign marketing slang. Obama won, he is the president, and needs to act like a president.
    The constant whining about Republicans looks petty…presidents are elected to do a job…..He has had the luxury of house and senate and the not the difficult bi partisan congress of most presidents.

Palin rubs me the same way…. The American public is smarter than stupid campaign talk.
    Enough is enough.

22. dj – Oprah……seriously?!!??

23. I have studiously ignored Oprah more than, perhaps, any other celebrity.

24. LuckyCharm says:

It’s interesting how so many people who claim never to watch or listen to the President still feel qualified to criticize him.

25. Obama Bingo.

Fun for the whole family.

26. Again I find we agree on something bBoy as I routinely avoid Oprah and have for many years. The whole Oprah Cult is disturbing.

In fairness though, dj has a point about a marked similarity in ego-size between the two O’s.

27. Roncella says:

Bill, You betch ya, Conservatives are the Party of No.

1. No New Taxes
    2. No More Stimulus Bills/with no way to pay for them
    3. No More Bank Take Overs
    4. No More Auto Company Take Overs
    5. No more back room wheeling and dealing
    6..No more Government take over of Health Care needs
    7. No more Blaming President Bush for everything that needs fixing
    8. No Cap & Trade forced through the Congress
    9. No more weekly Parties at the Whitehouse (time to get to work)
    10. No more vacations for President Obama and First Lady ( for at least a week)

The lame stream Media just can’t seem to get enough of the Obama’s. They never vetted him as he ran for President now they can’t stop covering for his many mis-takes and short comings.

28. FreeAmerica says:

LuckyCharm says:
    August 11, 2010 at 8:48 am

FA:
    I think the point of the article to be grammar incorrect… Is that one can’t not avoid Obama based on his never ending campaign mode.
    The view?? Cmon….whats he doing?
    IMO…He is degrading his standing and the position he holds.

29. madmike272 says:

Wow! quoting the Huffington Post? Really? Aren’t you embarrassed of yourself for actually quoting them like they are a news outlet?

30. Sumner401 says:

The constant whining about Republicans looks petty.

But the constant whining about the Democrats doesn’t?

31. Sumner401 says:

Madmike, do you think you and roncella are embarrassed about quoting rush, glen, sean, bill, and the rest of your media controllers?
    At least huffington tells the truth.

32. Saw a good comment on “the market downturn” article. A lady was quoted as saying
    “Obama promised us that if we voted for McCain things would get worse.” So, I voted for McCain and sure enough , things got worse>”

33. PumainTacoma says:

jandkgibbs — I can’t stop laughing. Dead on accurate.

PUMAs did not vote for Obama (hope, change, hope some more retread lingo). PUMAs saw HIllary get screwed. And the caucuses were a joke. Bus loads of loafers storming my precinct as if to say they live in my small neighborhood. I never saw so many travelers come to my neighborhood and they didn’t even know what elementary school they were in even for the caucus!!! Many PUMAs are now tea party fans! I have had enough of Michelle, her mother living off my wages and the big guy. A real awakening is coming, and soon.

34. Thanks for the reminder. Gawd his ears are big.

35. The letter writer need not tell me to not watch Obama. My remote control goes thru more batteries now then I’ve ever used just trying to avoid seeing his face on T.V. I’m not complaining however, it’s well worth the expense to not listen to his lies.It’s also good for the economy, I’m spending more on batteries, mostly from China but, what the heck?

36. I’d be willing to pay a little more in taxes if Spain would offer him and Marieato- oops, Michelle, a permanent residence there. I can’t stand to watch him coming down the steps from the airplane holding his arms up like sparring partner for Mike Tyson.

37. FreeAmerica says:

Sumner says:
    “At least huffington tells the truth.”

FA:
    I just spit pepsi all over my screen…. now its the eye roll and head shake.

38. frosty – name one recent Democratic First Lady you could stand…..surely you hated Hillary and before that Roslyn. Maybe you were OK with Ladybird but I imagine you loathing Jackie O.

39. donjames says:

bB, Winston you are not… at least not as far as it concerns one “O”. Congratulations, LOL.

sozo, thanks for getting it… kinda. I have always thought of Oprah as a case study in the implementation of a cult of personality. I think the fact that 0bama seems to embrace many of her strategies goes way beyond their curious common threads in chicago.

grouse, the only problem with playing 0bama Bingo is that you actually have to listen to his banal speeches.

As for me, I never watch Oprah unless Steaddy is on, and I was gagging on fondling press images of 0bama two years ago.

Barack who?

40. hansgruber says:

I like Bess Truman, Bess Truman…Bess Truman, you know Harry Truman’s wife and little Margaret’s mother. A fine example.

You know beer, you gotta go back over 30 years to get a DEM first lady different than Hillary or Michelle. Lady Bird was nice too, at least her husband was able to get some bi-partisanship.

After Bill Clinton, you gotta go back to Harry Truman to find a DEM President that was elected for two terms. Bess Truman nice DEM first lady.Bet she was always proud to be an American.

41. Beerboy, most of those First Ladies that you mentioned were around before I started paying attention to politics. I had no problem with any of them with the exception of Hillary when it was disclosed she was behind firing the people in the White House travel office and her sordid little dealings in real estate.

42. O-bama+O-prah= oh oh. Speaking of tax cuts for the ‘rich’, when I can’t sleep I’ll fire up the ole’ synth keyboard on the ‘tinkle bell soap opera piano” setting, turn on just one low intensity mood light, take off my shades, sniff an onion and play a line from”You Go, Girl” knowing that with hope & change, I will someday be rich enough to have my driver navigate my silver-white limo through the McDonald’s drive-thru a block and a half east of the House of Blues in Chi, on my way to a tennis game at net center and look like the other “O” giving a ‘speech'(read-in-stereo). More vacations for Michele means no nagging for havin’ a smoke, dang it!. You Go O…

43. Here’s something else you can watch if you don’t want to watch the news media tingling over the President.

Now THERE are some people we’d better keep a close eye on. Thank goodness the DC security was at the ready!

44. LuckyCharm says:

The park police can sure be a pain in the patootie. Believe me, there’s no love lost between me and our local contingent! Still, what does that have to do with anything, sozo? Oh, I know, Fox thought an overzealous, maybe disgruntled, park policeman was worth devoting news time to, so you have to figure out a way to slip it into the thread somehow….

45. Of COURSE you think that’s all it was, LC. The spin starts with you in this neck of the woods. That you cannot see this as a reflection of something more significant is simply confirmation of the fact that you have committed your loyalty to the Michelle Obamas of the world who think America needs to be fundamentally changed so you can be proud of her.

46. Thank God that there’s still some un-brainwashed kids in this country who have not been totally corrupted by the Public School Indoctrination System!

47. Roncella says:

Sozo, Its almost unbelieveable, you can’t make this stuff up.

The Far Left/Liberals/Progressives are trying hard to change America as fast as they can.

48. Please explain: what is your beef with Michelle Obama?

I mean really – she isn’t the scary dragon lady like Babs Bush ruling over her family crime syndicate or turning the feeble-minded communicator onto Astrology in-between popping prescription pills like Nancy, she isn’t trying to be co-president like Hillary – she had one unfortunate quote and has taken a vacation.

49. beerboy, oh, do you mean “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of this country”? Or her 20 years of listening to Jeremiah Wright?

50. Following Laura Bush wasn’t easy. They don’t come any lovelier or with more integrity than Laura.

As for Michelle’s “one” unfortunate remark, it was a whopper and not soon to be dismissed.

And yes, there is that nasty business of being spiritually mentored by a hate-filled, vile man viewed as an avuncular hero by the Obama family till time came for him to be flung under the bus for political expediency.

Way too many questions about what these folks are really about, underneath the political smiles and visits to Monticello.

51. So…..you really don’t have anything except that quote.

Laura Bush……gave me the creeps during the Administration. She looked like she was zoned out on drugs. Now, with her talk show book promotion tour, it appears that she was keeping her mouth shut and not voicing some of her concerns about what W was doing.

The first lady position puts one in the firing line for be associated with one’s husband. There really was no reason for me to have a knee-jerk negative response to Laura Bush except the fact that she was married to Bush. I suspect that that is the reason for the loathing of Michelle as well.

52. Not necessarily. It might make folks question her taste; I’m sure that was the source of negativity towards Laura.

As for her seeming zoned out on drugs, I believe she was something that many people no longer even remember.We once distinguished between being a woman and being a lady. Thanks to the leaders of womens lib who had the brilliant idea that to assert oneself as a woman meant to start behaving like men, right down to cussing, swearing, scratching and proclaiming they “have the balls” to do this or that — and also turned the word “lady” into a put-down, many were unable to appreciate Laura who was quiet and undassuming, though clearly very bright and capable.

I met her once,and she was anything but zoned out.

53. bboy and friends,

I dare you to watch this clip from a coming documentary.

54. online dating germany says:

I wanted to make sure i commented on this subject.
    I am enjoying your dicussion.