This week: The Tour Championship, Thursday through Sunday, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta, Ga.
World ranking: 63rd.
2012 earnings: $1.58 million (45th on the PGA Tour).
FedEx Cup playoff points standings: 1,568 points (28th in the FedEx Cup playoffs).
Last tournament: Posting a second consecutive tied-for-10th finish (13-under-par 275) at the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick on Sept. 9 got him into the Tour Championship as one of the last seeds. He’ll take it as he goes to the final event of the playoffs for the first time since 2010. “It has worked out to my benefit a couple times,” Moore said. “(The FedEx Cup playoffs concept) is interesting. It did what their (PGA Tour officials) goal was – create some interest at the end of the year once the majors are done. They want to see the best players, week in and week out.”
This week, the tour laid out scenarios in which Moore can win the playoffs, and $10 million bonus that comes with it:
* Moore has to win this week’s tournament (he placed tied for ninth in 2010).
* Rory McIlroy can finish no better than 25th.
* Tiger Woods can finish no better than tied for sixth.
* Nick Watney can finish no better than tied for fourth.
* Phil Mickelson can finish no better than tied for third.
* Brandt Snedeker can finish no better than a three-way tie for second.
* Louis Oosthuizen can finish no better than tied for second.
After this week, Moore said the plan is to play one more event – the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open on Oct. 4-7 in Las Vegas – before he shuts it down for the arrival of his first child.
Tee time Thursday: 8:45 a.m. PDT with Rickie Fowler off the first tee.