If you’re Puyallup’s Ryan Moore at the Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, N.C., it’s a lot.
• He earned a career-high $918,000 paycheck that puts him 25th on the season’s money list at $1,933,727.
• He earns a two-year exemption on the PGA Tour through 2011.
• He earns automatic berths to the season-opening SBS Championship
(formerly the Mercedes) in Hawaii, to the Masters in April, The Players
Championship, the PGA Championship and to the three World Golf
Championship events (Match Play, Doral, Bridgestone).
• With his money position, he’s in line to a bid to the 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.
Some other facts:
• At 27, Moore becomes the second-youngest winner on the PGA Tour this season behind Dustin Johnson (24).
• He is the most recent winner of the U.S. Amateur to collect a PGA Tour title.
• His 264 winning total was the second-lowest in Wyndham history behind Carl Pettersson’s 259 last year.
And for those of you wonder, that wasn’t his younger brother, Jason,
on his bag this week. It was family friend J.D. Rastovski, who played
golf at Central Kitsap, Rogers and at Olympic College.