I’m on my way to the Tacoma Home and Garden Show in just a few minutes. It runs 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today.
Click on “more” to read my “Five Things to See and Do at the Tacoma Home and Garden Show”
WHEN: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
WHERE: Tacoma Dome
TICKETS: $10 Adults, $8 Seniors (weekdays only for 62 and older), Free to children (16 and younger)
FIVE THINGS TO SEE AND DO
AT THE TACOMA HOME & GARDEN SHOW
1. The new “Vintage Market” shopping area will offer re-purposed and shabby-chic items for the garden and home. 20 local vendors will be selling vintage furniture, signage, industrial metal carts and that chicken feeder light fixture you’ve been looking for.
2. An idea-generating showcase kitchen created by the Puget Sound Chapter of the National Kitchen & Bath Association will spotlight the latest generation of appliances, cabinetry and labor-saving features.
3. Seminars presented by garden experts including Ciscoe Morris, Marianne Binetti, Marty Wingate, Melinda Myers and others will offer tips for the home gardener.
4. Display gardens created by area landscape contractors including SK bLandscaping, Marenakos Rock Center and the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals can provide ideas for your next gardening project.
5. A Plant Market will feature hundreds of unusual choices. Olympia’s Bark & Garden Center will bring rare miniature conifers, blooming daphnes, hellebores, house plants, trees and shrubs.