Firefighters responded to two blazes in Gig Harbor last night — one at an apartment in the 5900 block of Soundview and the other at a thrift shop in the 6900 block of Kimball Drive.
Officials believe a kitchen fire caused the flames at the apartment. They responded about 11 p.m. The male occupant who tried to extinguish the blaze was found unconscious and taken to the hospital. Firefighters say he was overcome with smoke and possibly inhaled the chemical in the extinguisher.
The thrift store fire in the early morning injured one firefighter, who was taken to the hospital. …