Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune
NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.
With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.
- John Gillie writes about the aerospace and airline industries, commercial development and consumer issues. During his 30-year-tenure at The News Tribune he has covered issues as diverse as the Native American fishing rights disputes, crime and the courts, the wood products industry and energy. He lived in Tacoma with his family for 25 years, but now lives in Kent because his wife heads a five-state non-profit foundation headquartered in Ballard, and it only seemed a sensible compromise to make considering their workplaces are 40 miles apart.
Posts by John Gillie:
- Two early morning fires do more than $100,000 in damage to two Tacoma structures, June 8, 2013
- Accused Gig Harbor market shooter now facing murder charge, Oct. 13, 2012
- Hazmat team responding to Federal Way apartments, Oct. 13, 2012
- Buckley councilman’s son due for arraignment today, June 6, 2012
- Impromptu memorial set up at Tacoma house where teen slain, June 6, 2012
- Report: Seattle shooter bought guns at Tacoma shop, June 1, 2012
- Debt collection attempt sends Tacoma woman to hospital, May 11, 2012
- Benefit today for dog allegedly beaten by neighbor, April 7, 2012