Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune
NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.
With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.
- I'm the military reporter for The News Tribune, where I write about Joint Base Lewis-McChord and the Washington National Guard. Previously, I was an assistant city editor and columnist at The News Tribune's sister newspaper, The Modesto Bee. The Bee twice cut me loose to cover the war in Iraq for our parent company's Baghdad bureau in 2008-09. I spent a total of four months there writing about plans for the drawdown of American forces, everyday life for Iraqis and the mistreatment of foreign laborers. In 2012, I embedded with Lewis-McChord soldiers for six weeks in southern Afghanistan. I grew up in the Bay Area and graduated from San Francisco State University. You can reach me at 253.597.8646 or email@example.com.
Posts by Adam Ashton:
- Federal Way man killed in early morning accident on State Route 167, May 25, 2013
- Police looking for two suspects in Federal Way stabbing death, Oct. 13, 2012
- Tacoma resident shoots and wounds break-in suspect during attempted home invasion, July 14, 2012
- Outages linger, but good weather helps road and power crews in storm cleanup, Jan. 21, 2012
- PLU evacuates indoor pool when swimmers notice ceiling cracks, Jan. 18, 2012
- Reported DUI driver slams into Lakewood Multicare clinic, damaging waiting room, Jan. 1, 2012
- Man dies in Thurston County ATV accident, May 7, 2011
- Suicide ends five-hour Puyallup standoff following alleged sex assault, Dec. 31, 2010