Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Overheated exhaust fan sparks evacuations in downtown Tacoma

Post by Adam Lynn / The News Tribune on July 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm with No Comments »
July 5, 2013 10:58 pm

A smoking kitchen exhaust fan forced the evacuation of a downtown Tacoma building Friday night.

An overheated fan in the basement of a building in the 100 block of South 9th Street sent smoke throughout the building, said battalion chief Jim Scott of the Tacoma Fire Department.

Patrons of a number of businesses, including a bar and comedy club, were forced to leave as fire alarms blared.

No injuries were reported.

20130705-225810.jpg

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0