A fire apparently sparked by static electricity Friday caused about $340,000 in damage to a hangar and its contents at Swanson Airport in Eatonville, authorities said.
The blaze broke out about 2:30 p.m., Eatonville Fire Chief Bob Hudspeth said.
A man was draining fuel from one of the two vintage airplanes he stored inside the hangar when a spark from static electricity ignited the fuel, Hudspeth said.
Flames quickly spread from that airplane to the other plane and eventually to two cars also stored inside, the chief said.
No one was hurt, but the hangar, planes and cars were a total loss, Hudspeth said.