South Sounders should think twice about lighting their fireworks this Fourth of July if they don’t meet the following criteria, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The explosives could be illegal if:
• They’re not from a licensed fireworks stand.
• They aren’t packaged in bright colors with safety warnings on the packaging.
• There’s not a country of manufacture listed on the packaging.
• They’re wrapped with plain brown paper, instead of bright colors.
• They’re solid red, silver or brown.
• They look like rolls of coins with a fuse coming out the side.
• They look homemade.
Even if the fireworks themselves are legal, lighting them within certain city limits isn’t.