Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Nine displaced after stovetop fire in Kent

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on June 6, 2013 at 6:04 am with No Comments »
June 6, 2013 6:05 am

Nine Kent residents were temporarily displaced this morning after their apartments were water damaged by a stovetop fire, the Fire Department said.

Crews were called to a complex in the 24600 block of Russell Road just before 2 a.m. and discovered a pan on the stove had caught fire in an upstairs unit.

Although the residents smothered the flames by placing a lid on the pan, the smoke activated the complex’s sprinkler system.

That apartment and the one below it suffered water damage. Five adults and four children are seeking alternate housing until repairs are complete.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0