Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Nine displaced after stovetop fire in Kent

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on June 6, 2013 at 6:04 am |
June 6, 2013 6:05 am

Nine Kent residents were temporarily displaced this morning after their apartments were water damaged by a stovetop fire, the Fire Department said.

Crews were called to a complex in the 24600 block of Russell Road just before 2 a.m. and discovered a pan on the stove had caught fire in an upstairs unit.

Although the residents smothered the flames by placing a lid on the pan, the smoke activated the complex’s sprinkler system.

That apartment and the one below it suffered water damage. Five adults and four children are seeking alternate housing until repairs are complete.

The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for Report violators to