Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire that displaced 3 caused by discarded cigarette

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on June 4, 2013 at 5:50 am with No Comments »
June 4, 2013 5:50 am

A house fire that displaced three people in Tacoma Saturday was caused by a discarded cigarette or cigar, according to the Fire Department.

Crews responded about 5:30 p.m. to a two-story home in the 420 block of Buena Vista Avenue and found smokes and flames coming from an upstairs bedroom.

They were able to douse the fire, which caused an estimated $85,000 in damages.

No one was injured.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0