Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Sprinkler doused dryer fire at Auburn townhome

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on May 22, 2013 at 1:15 pm with No Comments »
May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

A sprinkler system greatly diminished damage at an Auburn townhome after a fire broke out in a dryer today, according to the Valley Regional Fire Authority.

Flames were spotted about 11:35 a.m. inside a home at Emerald Court Townhomes, 1814 I Street Northeast. By the time firefighters arrived, the sprinkler system had gone off and contained the blaze to the laundry room.

The homeowner will not be displaced due to the minimal damage.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0