Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire caused $17,000 in damages

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on May 10, 2013 at 6:14 am with No Comments »
May 10, 2013 6:14 am

A malfunctioning clothes dryer that sparked a fire at a Tacoma home Thursday morning caused $17,000 in damages, according to the Fire Department.

Firefighters responded about 9:15 a.m. Thursday to a house in the 2100 block of East George Street and found black smoke and flames billowing from the back of the structure.

They were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and ventilate the house. No one was injured.

Leave a comment Comments
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0