Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire that displaced eight caused by pan on the stove

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on May 1, 2013 at 11:00 am with No Comments »
May 1, 2013 10:15 am

A house fire that displaced eight people in Tacoma Tuesday night was started by a pan of oil left unattended on the stove, fire officials said today.

Firefighters responded to the 1,217-square-foot home in the 4000 block of A Street at 9:40 p.m. and found smoke billowing from the windows.

Crews attacked the blaze, which spread from the stove to the cabinets and ceiling in the kitchen. Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the kitchen.

Eight residents were displaced in the fire, which caused an estimated $17,000 in damages.

Leave a comment Comments
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0