Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire that displaced eight caused by pan on the stove

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on May 1, 2013 at 11:00 am |
May 1, 2013 10:15 am

A house fire that displaced eight people in Tacoma Tuesday night was started by a pan of oil left unattended on the stove, fire officials said today.

Firefighters responded to the 1,217-square-foot home in the 4000 block of A Street at 9:40 p.m. and found smoke billowing from the windows.

Crews attacked the blaze, which spread from the stove to the cabinets and ceiling in the kitchen. Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the kitchen.

Eight residents were displaced in the fire, which caused an estimated $17,000 in damages.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.