Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Maple Valley mobile home fire that killed woman caused by electrical wiring

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on April 30, 2013 at 9:53 am with No Comments »
April 30, 2013 9:53 am

A fire that destroyed a Maple Valley mobile home and killed a woman Friday was caused by an electrical wiring malfunction, according to Kent Fire Capt. Kyle Ohashi.

The fire broke out about 3:30 a.m. in the 18000 block of 196th Avenue Southeast while a woman and her husband slept inside the mobile home.

The man shattered a window and managed to escape, thinking his wife was behind him. The woman did not make it out of the home. Firefighters found her unconscious in the home and pulled her out.

Paramedics were able to resuscitate her, but she later died at a local area hospital.

The woman has not yet been identified.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0