Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Oily rags caused fire at Tacoma’s Boathouse 19

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on April 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm with No Comments »
April 8, 2013 1:21 pm

Sprinkler heads at Tacoma’s Boat House 19 restaurant kept a kitchen fire from spreading early this morning, although the eatery did suffer $4,500 in damages.

Firefighters responded about 12:30 a.m. to the restaurant at 9001 S. 19th St. near Titlow Park and found smoke but no flames. They discovered two sprinkler heads activated and doused flames from the blaze, which was caused by oily terry cloth towels stored in a plastic tub igniting by spontaneous combustion.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0