Tacoma firefighters extinguished a fire that started in the garage of a home that was undergoing renovations Saturday.
Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at a home on the 4500 block of North Ninth Street about 3:20 p.m. More than two dozen emergency personnel responded to the 9-1-1 call. It took about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire, said Jolene Davis, battalion chief for the Tacoma Fire Department.
There were no injuries. The owners were inside the house but were able to safely evacuate.
Fire damage was limited to the garage. There was no immediate word on the estimated cost of the damage.
The investigation continues. Davis said there were solvents inside the garage that were being used for the home renovations.