Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Faulty wiring ignites Tacoma house fire

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on April 2, 2013 at 9:17 am with No Comments »
April 2, 2013 9:17 am

Faulty electrical wiring started a fire at a Tacoma home this morning, causing $25,000 in damages.

Firefighters responded to the house in the 6200 block of South Gove Street about 3:30 a.m. and found flames had spread up a kitchen wall and into the attic and roof. Crews doused the blaze and ventilated the attic space.

The Red Cross is relocating the homeowner. No injuries were reported.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0