Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Kitchen fire in Tacoma causes $12,000 in damages

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on March 15, 2013 at 6:21 am with No Comments »
March 15, 2013 6:21 am

A fire that caused about $12,000 in damages to a Tacoma home Wednesday was caused by a stove fire, the Tacoma Fire Department reported.

Crews responded just before 5 p.m. Wednesday to the 7800 block of South I Street and found a pan on the stove had caught fire, quickly extending to the microwave and upper cabinets.

After dousing the flames, they removed the appliances to ensure the blaze hadn’t crept into the attic space. They also ventilated smoke that spread through both stories of the home.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0