Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Kitchen fire in Tacoma causes $12,000 in damages

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on March 15, 2013 at 6:21 am |
March 15, 2013 6:21 am

A fire that caused about $12,000 in damages to a Tacoma home Wednesday was caused by a stove fire, the Tacoma Fire Department reported.

Crews responded just before 5 p.m. Wednesday to the 7800 block of South I Street and found a pan on the stove had caught fire, quickly extending to the microwave and upper cabinets.

After dousing the flames, they removed the appliances to ensure the blaze hadn’t crept into the attic space. They also ventilated smoke that spread through both stories of the home.

No injuries were reported.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.