Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Eatonville boy who allegedly made “kill list” kept several lists

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:10 am |
February 12, 2013 9:10 am

The daily “kill list” sat in a recycle bin in a math classroom at Eatonville Middle School.

It was one of several lists authorities say a 13-year-old boy kept to categorize the classmates he was angry with versus those he liked.

It appeared to be something he had been doing for some time, and he wasn’t trying to hide it. He didn’t hesitate to tell other children they were going on his kill list if they did something to upset him.

The boy was known to be angry when making threats, but others recalled him laughing about the list.

Pierce County prosecutors determined it was no laughing matter. They charged him Monday with four counts of felony harassment because some of the victims said they were afraid the boy would hurt them.

The boy had access to guns at his home that the family used for hunting, according to charging papers.

A student stepped forward Friday, telling Principal Ken Anderson about the lists.

When confronted, the boy allegedly told Anderson he kept a “kill list” and a “no kill” list. A search of his notebook revealed names listed under “no kill list” and “eternal no kill list” but there was no sign of a “kill list.”

School officials went to the boy’s home but he refused to hand over the “kill list.” Then they got word that the list was in the boy’s math classroom, discarded into a recycle bin. It had five names on it.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.