Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire that displaced two caused by container on stove

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:16 am with No Comments »
February 8, 2013 7:44 am

A kitchen fire that displaced two residents Wednesday night was caused by a plastic container left on the stove burner, the Tacoma Fire Department reported.

Firefighters responded to the home, 5316 Stonegate Ave NE, about 6:30 p.m. and found smoke coming out the front door of the 1,800-square-foot home. It didn’t take them long to extinguish the blaze.

The fire caused an estimated $62,900 in damages. No one was injured but two people were displaced.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0