Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Tacoma house fire that displaced two caused by container on stove

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:16 am |
February 8, 2013 7:44 am

A kitchen fire that displaced two residents Wednesday night was caused by a plastic container left on the stove burner, the Tacoma Fire Department reported.

Firefighters responded to the home, 5316 Stonegate Ave NE, about 6:30 p.m. and found smoke coming out the front door of the 1,800-square-foot home. It didn’t take them long to extinguish the blaze.

The fire caused an estimated $62,900 in damages. No one was injured but two people were displaced.

The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for Report violators to