Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Kent police still investigating father who took daughter, triggering Amber Alert

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 am |
January 16, 2013 6:16 am

Kent police said they are still searching for a 37-year-old dad who allegedly took his daughter without permission last week, prompting an Amber Alert.

The 8-year-old girl was returned home by an acquaintance of her father and officers have not yet been able to interview the dad, who lives in Seattle. King County prosecutors are expected to file charges this week.

Assistant Chief Pat Lowery said the girl was not harmed while she was with her father but “several acts of family violence had preceded her disappearance.”

A motive for taking the girl is unknown. Lowery said there were no custody issues but “tensions between the two parents had risen sharply in the days leading to her disappearance.”

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.