Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Arson believed to be cause of fire at vacant Graham house

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:40 pm with No Comments »
December 31, 2012 12:40 pm

A fire that started at a house for sale in Graham today is believed to be arson, according to Graham Fire & Rescue.

A neighbor called 911 about 8:30 a.m. to report a fire burning at a vacant house in the 23710 block of 63rd Avenue East. Crews arrived and initially only saw smoke coming from the chimney.

It wasn’t until they were walking the perimeter of the home that they opened a sliding door on the back patio and saw “thick black smoke from floor to ceiling,” Deputy Chief Gary Franz said. “They couldn’t see anything inside.”

Firefighters quickly doused the fires, which started at four different ignition spots in the house.

There was no major structural damage and damages are estimated to be about $5,000, Franz said.

The investigation is ongoing.

Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0