UPDATE: The fire was an accident, probably caused by flammable vapors coming into contact with an energized electrical appliance, according to the Valley Regional Fire Authority. The estimated damage is $50,000.
INITIAL POST: Fire crews responded at 7:44 p.m. to a report of a duplex fire in the 1000 block of 43 Court Northeast, according to the Valley Regional Fire Authority.
They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from one unit.
The house was under construction and residents of the other unit evacuated safely.
A 33-year-old construction worker was treated for minor burns.
The fire was put out, and its cause hasn’t been determined.