Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Pet heat lamp starts house fire, causes $150,000 in damage

Post by Alexis Krell / The News Tribune on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:11 pm with No Comments »
September 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Tacoma Fire crews were called to a house fire at 10:42 a.m. this morning in the 1600 block of North Stevens Street.

No one was injured in the fire and no occupants were home at the time.

The cause of the blaze was later determined to be a pet heat lamp that came in contact with combustibles, Tacoma Fire officials said.

The estimated damage to the one-story house and its contents is $150,000.

Tacoma Fire photo
Tacoma Fire photo
Leave a comment Comments
*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0