Young girls playing with a lighter started a Gig Harbor residential fire that sent their grandfather to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation, according to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One.
Crews were called at 4:12 p.m. to the 8100 block of 40th Street Northwest.
The homeowner, his daughter and his two granddaughters were home during the fire.
Investigators determined that the blaze started when the two young girls took a lighter and set a toy and plastic hanger on fire in a bedroom, according to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One.
Their grandfather tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher right away. He was later taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Crews contained the fire to the bedroom.