Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Pierce County man charged with sixth drunken driving incident

Post by Stacia Glenn / The News Tribune on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:00 am |
August 21, 2012 10:00 am

A 42-year-old man convicted of five prior drunken driving incidents has been charged with his sixth DUI.

Anthony James Law pleaded not guilty to felony DUI, reckless endangerment and operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device during his arraignment Monday.

He was arrested Saturday on northbound Interstate 5 near Bridgeport Way.

Washington State Patrol troopers said Law was spotted weaving across all lanes of the freeway in his pickup truck, which was towing a boat and trailer.

When Law was pulled over, he allegedly told the trooper he had not been drinking even though his floorboard was littered with empty beer cans and he was slurring his words.

A woman in the truck allegedly told troopers she had been afraid for her own safety and for those on the road around them.

Law has been previously convicted of three DUIs and reckless endangerment, according to court records. He was also required to have an ignition interlock device on his truck, but did not.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.