Two adults and two children were able to safely escape their Auburn home Sunday morning when a fire broke out.
The Valley Regional Fire Authority was called to a home on Southeast 319th Place in the Lea Hill area at 5:46 a.m. The “first arriving firefighters observed heavy smoke and fire coming from the residence,” Kevin Olson of the fire authority said in a news release. He said crews were able to quickly get the fire under control.
Olson said a smoke detector alerted the home’s residents to the fire and helped them get out unharmed. The occupants of an adjacent home that shares a wall with the burned residence were also uninjured.
Olson said the fire damage to the home and its contents was “significant.”
The fire is under investigation by the South County Fire Investigation Task Force.