Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Fire damages Auburn fourplex late Sunday

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on June 4, 2012 at 6:51 am with No Comments »
June 4, 2012 7:06 am

Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a fire late Sunday at an Auburn fourplex.

Firefighters from Valley Regional Fire Authority were called to the complex in the 2200 block of I Street Northeast just after 10:10 p.m. They found smoke billowing from the back of a two-story fourplex, the agency reported.

After firefighters doused the flames, they discovered the blaze had started in a laundry area. The fire spread from the laundry to a bathroom.

“There was extensive smoke and heat damage to the second floor with some water damage to the first floor” a press release stated.

The blaze caused $20,000 in damage.

No one was home at the time and no one injured.

Leave a comment Comments
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0