Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

First-degree murder charge filed against Spanaway man accused of killing his mother

Post by Adam Lynn / The News Tribune on May 2, 2012 at 1:06 pm with 8 Comments »
May 2, 2012 1:06 pm

This just in from Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office:

Today Prosecutor Mark Lindquist charged Lavonn Williams II, 39, with Murder in the First Degree and Attempted Murder in the First Degree for the brutal beating of his parents, 56 year old Brenda Williams and 64 year old Lavonn Williams.

On April 30, 2012, Pierce County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a burglary in progress. Upon arrival deputies heard a commotion in the lower portion of the residence, a mother-in-law style apartment. Deputies contacted the homeowner who lives in the upper portion of the house. The homeowner advised deputies that Brenda Williams, suffering from pancreatic cancer, rented the apartment and lived with her ex-husband, Lavonn Williams, who was caring for her. Their son, Lavonn Williams II had also been staying with the couple for several weeks.

Deputies were led into Williams’ apartment by the homeowner through an interior entrance inside the main house. Upon entering, deputies immediately saw Lavonn Williams unconscious on the floor covered with blood. Lavonn Williams II was standing over his mother who lay unconscious and bloody on the floor. Williams II’s hands were covered in blood.

While at the scene, Lavonn Williams briefly regained consciousness. He reported to detectives that earlier in the evening a dispute arose and his son, Lavonn Williams II, was ordered to leave.

Williams II left but returned. Shortly thereafter Williams II beat his parents. Williams II beat his father unconscious with a large vacuum cleaner. Investigators saw bloody parts of the vacuum strewn about the apartment. He suffered serious head wounds but is expected to live.

Lavonn Williams II beat his mother to death with a wooden chair. She suffered severe head trauma and was transported to a local trauma center where she was pronounced dead several hours later. Investigators saw bloody parts of a wooden chair inside the apartment.

Lavonn Williams II has previously been convicted of numerous felony offenses including Assault in the Second and Third Degree, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm in the First and Second Degree, Attempting to Elude a Police Vehicle and Drug Possession.

1. PiecesOfYou says:

REALLY!??! Then why the hell is he still out in the general population??

2. Poor little Lavonn probably didnt get his allowance so he beat daddy with a chair. I sure some understanding liberals will get him the help he needs.

3. GoddessHadeev says:

When my son and I moved to Tacoma in 1990, Brenda and Lavonn Williams were the first people to befriend me when I joined a local church. They set me up on a blind date at their home to meet Carl, another brother-in-Christ. I left Tacoma in 1999, and returned in December 2010. Brenda was one of the people I inquired about, and I was saddened to learn she was dying of cancer. She wasn’t expected to make it to the end of 2011. I never got to see her last year because she wasn’t well enough for visits. A month ago, I moved to Georgia. On Monday, I called Carl to ask if Brenda was still alive. He said, “As far as I know, she still is.” Today, Carl called and told me of her brutal murder, and husband’s beating at the hands of their son. It absolutely breaks my heart she ended up going out like this. She was a sweet spirit, a very pretty woman and devoted wife and mother to her children. May she R.I.P.

4. Kennay44 says:

What we ask for at this time is prayers. Lavonn II is fighting something much bigger then himself. Unless you know about spirits, you shouldn’t judge. You have stuff as well, we all do, just diiferent things for everyone. Auntie Brenda you will be missed very much and we all love you. Uncle Vonn we pray for your recovery and send our prayers and love. Lavonn II, we pray for you as well and that you repent and have your heart and soul right with the Lord.

5. wcarly says:

To Kennay44 and the family: thank you for your sound and respectful comments. I most definitely agree with you. I met Sis Brenda when she spoke at our ladies’ day in Mannheim, Germany. She will always be remembered as a beautiful God-fearing woman of God (Proverbs 31:10-31). My prayers and thoughts of comfort and peace to the family and friends. May God comfort you all during this time and may His love, peace, and blessings that surpasses all understanding cover each of you. She’s at rest now waiting with a smile to meet her Savior in the sky (1 Thes 4:13-18). I encourage you all to remain faithful to the end as she did. Amen!

6. YeeHaw says:

My prayers go to Sherese, Brenda’s daughter, who has come home to deal with this horrible mess. And to her coworkers, who went to have dinner with her Monday night, and left just before this happened. God please have mercy on those girls, who must just be agonizing knowing they were the last one’s to see this family whole and alive.

7. GoddessHadeev says:

OMG3, What species of animal ate you? This tragedy was not something to poke fun at. I met the Williams family in 1990, and visited them often. My son played with their kids.

I’m an advocate for prayer, but sometimes professional help is needed to address mental illness and drug abuse in the black community. Lavonn II had loving and devoted parents, who tried tp help him. It was tough love that cost them their lives.

I was told by my friend Carl that Lavonn II died unexpectedly in Dec 2014, from a medical condition, while in prison for his crimes. Death was his only way out of incarceration, and he will have answer to God for what he did. He had 5 kids, and grandkids as well. Many family members have been affected by this. I ask that we simply pray for healing for the remaining members of the Williams family. May God’s grace and mercy vary them.

8. GoddessHadeev says:

Typo: May God’s grace and mercy carry them through their grief.