Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

UPDATED: Weekend apartment fire in Lakewood ruled accidental

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on April 30, 2012 at 12:35 pm with 1 Comment »
April 30, 2012 1:54 pm

UPDATED at 1:53 p.m.

A Lakewood apartment fire that displaced 26 residents Saturday afternoon started on a bed that was pushed up against a baseboard heater.

The flames spread from the first-floor unit at the Twin Oaks complex, 4801 115th Street Court S.W., and gutted nine apartments total.

No one was injured but 26 residents were left without a place to stay. The American Red Cross Mount Rainier Chapter provided the residents with food, clothing and other personal items.

The fire caused about $450,000 in damage and was ruled an accident, West Pierce Fire & Rescue reported today.


Leave a comment Comments → 1
  1. I hope people had renter’s insurance!

We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0