Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Man arrested for invading 67-year-old woman’s home charged with three felonies

Post by Adam Lynn / The News Tribune on April 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm with 14 Comments »
April 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Pierce County prosecutors today charged 20-year-old Jesse Eugene Grimes with first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and unlawful imprisonment for allegedly breaking into a Tacoma woman’s home and robbing her at gunpoint.

Not guilty pleas were entered on Grimes’ behalf this afternoon during his arraignment in Superior Court. Court Commissioner Meagan Foley ordered Grimes jailed in lieu of $250,000 bail.

Prosecutors contend Grimes and another man broke into Gabriele Senn’s home on South Gunnison Street on Tuesday night, pointed a gun at her and demanded her bank account information. They later attempted to make off with some of the 67-year-old woman’s property, including a big-screen TV, but were caught by police after she slyly dialed 911 and hung up, prompting officers to respond to her house.

Authorities are looking for four other suspects thought involved in the crime, court records show, including the man who allegedly entered Senn’s home with Grimes and others who either provided transportation or helped conceive the robbery.

1. gonefishin69690 says:

Great, another violent felony in my neighborhood. Time to stop by Mary’s pistols, and stock up on .357 124gr hollow points, and some 9mm 110gr stingers for backups.

2. ceasar88 says:

I am surprised you haven’t done so already.

3. gonefishin69690 says:

I’m down to about 100 rnds of each. But still, ammo is cheaper than losing my stuff, my life, or paying my homeowners insurance deductable.

4. Get em!

5. ltkeffer says:

Too bad we now have to jail these losers. Would have been better if they were shot in the process.

We need to start billing the felons for their time in jail.

6. royboy361 says:

Another career criminal at work.

7. gonefishin69690 says:

@itkeffer,Too bad they didn’t break into MY home. I live 2 blocks away from here, and, had they broke into my home, they WOULD have been shot in the process. This is the same neighborhood Terrance Sands was shot to death in October,(within a stones throw of my front porch) and 2 blocks on the other side of me was where they found that tree stump with the slugs from the DC sniper in it. I think it’s time to start an armed neighborhood watch in my area.

8. Beowulf50 says:

gonefishin69690 Has the right idea. But Surplus Ammo and Arms has better prices. Its by Ponders. Mary and Dan have good stuff…..

9. Dave98373 says:

A quick look on the county web page shows that this guy has been charged four times for residential burglary (not counting this current case) since September of 2009…in Pierce County alone! Our criminal justice hard at work!!

10. gonefishin69690 says:

Yeah, but Mary’s is a 10 minute walk from my house. With the price of gas?

11. One piece of human garbage in custody, so many more thousands to go.

12. gonefishin69690 says:

@kkrr, after reading dave98373’s post, I wonder if there really are thousands more out there, or if maybe it’s the same few just continually recycled through our “justice” system?

13. @gonefishin- Unfortunately it could be both.

14. gonefishin69690 says: