Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Four sought after robbing Lakewood convenience store

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on April 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm with 9 Comments »
April 3, 2012 2:49 pm
Surveillance photo of suspects in a Lakewood robbery Sunday/Courtesy of LPD

Lakewood police are searching for four people suspected of robbing a convenience store at gunpoint Sunday night.

Two men and woman wore bandanas over their faces when they walked into the K&S Food Mart, 8533 South Tacoma Way, at 8:45 p.m. At least one of them wielded a small, semi-automatic handgun, police reported.

The suspects robbed the clerk at gunpoint and stole cash. They were last seen going north, then east from the store.

Officers reviewed surveillance video of the robbery and spotted a fourth suspect in the parking lot, acting as a lookout.

Officers released surveillance images of the suspects today.

Lakewood police ask anyone with information on the robbery to call them at 253-830-5064 or Tacoma-Pierce County Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959.

Crime Stoppers offers up to $1,000 for information leading to arrests and charges filed in incidents. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

1. surveyor1 says:

Since my first comment on this story was deleted, maybe the TNT will let this one stay up.
    When the police find these individuals who like to rob people at gun point, lets sit them down and explain why it is wrong to rob people at gun point, give them their gun back and send them on their way hoping that they have learned their lesson.
    Actually thats not what I said in my first post, but apparently the TNT doesn’t like the idea of properly punishing these armed robbers.

And while the police and lawmakers are at it, maybe they could pass a law that will allow the police to charge the victims of armed robbery with a crime. It seems that the only way the police have to try and curtail crime these days is to be able to charge the victim and/or make the crime the victims fault.

2. donfosters says:

There should be a law about their outfits…that’s a crime.

3. takhoman says:

To read of another crime…

For the 040412 edition of The New Takhoman click the link below. Comments always welcome.

4. It took 4 people to rob a store at 8:45 pm
    i bet they got enough money to make them rich!!!!!!!!!

5. rawdibob says:

Oh, the little darlings!

NOT

I wonder how soon one of them will kill someone?

6. Wrapper98439 says:

Where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. I know these kids are good deep down and would never commit a crime.

7. mojjonation says:

I read the link on the front page of the TNT and immediately thought, black youths, males, slight build, saggy pants, wearing hooded sweatshirts. I think about the only thing I missed were two of them were women. It wouldn’t be a stereotype if it didn’t happen enough times in the past.

8. royboy361 says:

Gee what a great photo. Shouldn’t have any problem finding those guys.

9. Javakunkie76 says:

Wow! Lakewood has a gang uprising. Too bad you forced out one of your most proactive gang officers. It’s ok though, I know if it gets too bad, Brett and Zaro will just order Doug to change the stats on robberies and aggravated assaults to thefts and simple assaults so you can fool the public into thinking you are changing crime and playing politics at the same time. You know what I mean, you’ve done it before. Now I’m sure you will call your buddies at the tnt and beg them to remove my comment because I am exposing the truth. Of course when they do it will only confirm the truth to my words. Lakewood won’t be safe until there is a change in the administration. Quit fooling the public with your occasional speeches and giving them the false impression that you care about anything but your paychecks. The citizens of Lakewood deserve better as well as the hard working officers. The only way you prevent these crimes or solve them right away is to get out there and know your neighborhoods. Proactive, not reactive. Luckily you will retire soon.