South King Fire & Rescue crews were sifting through a Federal Way apartment to see what sparked a fire early today.
Firefighters were sent to the The Cove Apartments, 120 S.W. 332nd St., about 5 a.m., said department spokeswoman Donna Conner. The occupants of the apartment were outside when firefighters arrived five minutes later.
Flames were showing from the apartment. Firefighters were able to douse the blaze in about 30 minutes.
Conner said the apartment sustained extensive heat and smoke damage.
No injuries were reported.