Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

UPDATED: Bonney Lake police arrest man wanted in DV shooting

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on March 7, 2012 at 6:02 am with 7 Comments »
March 7, 2012 1:31 pm

UPDATED at 1:30 p.m.

Investigators have arrested a man suspected of shooting at his wife Tuesday night as she left their Bonney Lake home.

Detectives found the 27-year-old man in a Federal Way motel and arrested him without incident about 11:45 a.m. today, Bonney Lake police reported. He was booked into Pierce County Jail on suspicion of multiple felony domestic violence-related charges, being a felon in possession of a firearm and an unrelated warrant.

Bonney Lake police had been searching for the man since about 7 p.m. Tuesday. His wife called police from the 5300 block of South Island Drive after he allegedly shot at her vehicle as she drove away from their home. The wife’s car was hit but she was not injured, Bonney Lake police reported.

Officers tried to call the husband on the phone at the couple’s home but he didn’t answer. The Metro SWAT team responded to the home and again tried to contact the husband. There was no answer, police reported.

Officers got a search warrant. The SWAT team went into the home. They did not find the husband inside. The gun wasn’t inside either.

Anonymous tipsters told police that the husband was at the East Wind Motel. Officers went to the hotel and found the man. He did not have the gun on him, police reported.

1. nosugarcoating says:

Perhaps knowing exactly which man it is will help?
    I would guess this “man” has a name, does he not?

2. rocketman says:

Guess we should all be on the lookout for a man,or a husband,I seen lots of men this morning that could be a husband from Bonney lake.Maybe for the public’s safety we could get a name and description?

3. pungentsound says:

I consider all husbands from Bonney Lake armed and dangerous so no problem. I saw about 20 yesterday.

4. esther414c says:

Naming him might violate his rights. :(

5. nosugarcoating says:

What rights? The rights to shoot as his wife and remain anonymous?

6. she_daboss says:

Well I am the wife, and I never called the police nor did I see or hear a gun shoot. Neither did the neighbors. These cops had me held up at Bonney Lake police dept for nearly 5 hrs. For what? Also they tricked me over there saying the SWAT needed a quick sketch of the house. No one asked me to draw anything. NOT to mention after being told by the neighbors that he left an wasn’t in the house the SWAT rammed the garage door an broke out nearly every single window in the house AND the detached building on property where the owner lives. They treated the house like a throw away practice training place. It’s all bullshit!

7. she_daboss says:

Well I am the wife, and I never called the police nor did I see or hear a gun shoot. Neither did the neighbors. These cops had me held up at Bonney Lake police dept for nearly 5 hrs. For what? Also they tricked me over there saying the SWAT needed a quick sketch of the house. No one asked me to draw anything. NOT to mention after being told by the neighbors that he left an wasn’t in the house the SWAT rammed the garage door an broke out nearly every single window in the house AND the detached building on property where the owner lives. They treated the house like a throw away practice training place. It’s all crap!