Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Josh Powell’s father challenges validity of search warrant

Post by Adam Lynn / The News Tribune on March 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm with 7 Comments »
March 6, 2012 3:01 pm

UPDATE: Prosecutors intend to fight his suppression motion and are confident the evidence will remain admissible, Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said this afternoon.

“This is a case where law enforcement was especially meticulous,” Lindquist said. “They did things by the book.”

Lindquist said deputies searching for evidence in Susan Powell’s disappearance found the photographs and went back and got a second warrant to seize them.

PREVIOUS POST: Josh Powell’s father claims in newly filed court documents that Pierce County authorities illegally searched his house last year.

Steven Powell wants evidence seized during that search, including photos he allegedly took of young girls and his daughter-in-law, Susan Cox Powell, thrown out of court.

The subjects were naked or semi-nude in many of the photos and likely did not know they were being photographed, prosecutors allege in court papers.

If Powell were successful, prosecutors likely would be forced to dismiss the 14 counts of voyeurism and one count of possession of child pornography with which he’s charged.

Deputy prosecutors did not immediately return calls seeking comment this afternoon, but they are sure to fight to have the evidence remain admissible against the elder Powell, whose son killed his two young sons and himself last month.

You can read more about the case against Steve Powell here.

Leave a comment Comments → 7
  1. i guess those folks in hell asking for ice water will also unanswered. place this idiot with them and let’s go on with life.

  2. Regfool2 says:

    There are no words.

  3. Wrapper98439 says:

    If the officials working this case were playing football, they would be getting Andrew Luck in the draft. I see them throwing the whole case out because of their foolish actions. Not a good result, and the lawsuit will be another slap in the face of those who support the family of the boys.

  4. macnamara1 says:

    This fellow is delusional at best.
    Isn’t he a prime candidate for a sanity hearing at one of our mental hospitals?
    Ugh!
    Doug MacNamara, Tacoma

  5. ginahopk says:

    I think defense attorneys were originaly suppose to defend a person who is innocent and wrongly accused, but they have evolved into cunning experts on how to get people guilty of murder and other horrible crimes to go free, knowing all along they are guilty.

  6. rockstamper says:

    as anyone in this country he is intittled to a defence we as a state do not have to pay for it force hime to bancrupcy find him guilty then let him be with his son just put him in open population let the guilty one’s in jail or prison punish him he wont last long people who harm kids do not deserve to be protected if guilty sic bunch in that house Rest in piece Susan And children To Hell with the rest

  7. madmike272 says:

    Sounds like his father is a dirtbag too!

*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0