Pierce County residents and business owners whose property was damaged by last week’s storms are asked to report the damage.
The Pierce County Damage Assessment Center is collecting the damage estimates Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Residents and business owners can reach the center toll free at 866-798-6363.
When you call, have the following information available:
* Name and address of affected property.
* Contact information.
* Type of insurance (homeowners or business) and deductible amount.
* A description of damage and losses, even if uninsured.
* Estimates of the fair market value of the damaged home or business (it is not necessary at this point for property owners to have a contractor’s estimate).
* Individual lost wages due to impact of the storm.
* Business inventory and revenue losses.
Pierce County officials will forward the findings to the governor’s office to request a possible disaster declaration and federal disaster assistance. That process could take a couple of weeks.
In the meantime, property and business owners should call their insurance agent, keep detailed records and photographs of all clean-up and repair costs and be aware of local permit requirements when repairs are made.