UPDATED at 4:10 p.m.
One woman was injured this afternoon in a house fire in Northeast Tacoma.
The woman was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and was reportedly in stable condition, Tacoma police officials said.
Tacoma police and firefighters were investigating what sparked the fire inside the garage of the home in the 4000 block of 52nd Street Northeast.
Firefighters were called to the house 12:15 p.m. for a heavily-involved garage fire, Tacoma fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said.
A column of smoke from the fire could be seen from downtown Tacoma.
The blaze appeared to have started in the garage and spread to other parts of the house. One of the occupants in the home was injured. No firefighters have been injured, Meinecke said.
The firefighters got the blaze under control just before 1 p.m.