Olympia firefighters were looking into what sparked a blaze late Monday that damaged a duplex.
Firefighters were called to the two-story building in the 400 block of Quince Street Southeast just after 10 p.m. The downstairs renters had seen smoke, alerted the upstairs renters and called 911, the Olympia Fire Department reported.
All of occupants were out by the time fire crews arrived. Firefighters found flames coming from the top floor and attacked them from the roof and inside of the building, the fire department reported.
The fire was under control by 11:20 p.m. No injuries were reported. The residents were staying with friends.
Investigators believe the fire started on the second floor. The blaze caused $175,000 damage.