Lights & Sirens

Go behind the yellow tape with The News Tribune

NOTICE: Lights & Sirens has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Lights & Sirens.
Visit the new section.

Olympia house damaged in overnight fire

Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Sep. 2, 2011 at 6:00 am |
September 2, 2011 6:00 am

Fire investigators were looking into what sparked a blaze early today inside an Olympia garage.

A man called 911 about 2:50 a.m. after he discovered a fire in the garage of his home in the 500 block of 17th Avenue Southeast, the Olympia Fire Department reported. The man had been awake when he heard noises in the garage.

The two adults and two children inside the house were outside by the time firefighters arrived six minutes later.

Flames spread to the attic but firefighters kept it from moving into the living portion of the home, the Fire Department reported. Crews had the blaze out by 3:30 a.m. Heat from the fire blistered the siding of a next door neighbor’s house and broke out two windows.

No one was injured in the fire. The fire caused about $125,000 in damage.

*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.