Local law enforcement officers wrote 1,058 speeding tickets to drivers in Pierce County during a recent 24-day emphasis patrol.
In addition, the officers:
* Arrested eight people on felony warrants.
* Arrested 13 on misdemeanor warrants.
* Arrested three suspected drunken drivers.
* Cited15 drivers suspected of aggressive driving.
* Cited eight suspected of reckless driving.
* Wrote 28 tickets for cell phone and texting violatons.
* Ticketed 40 people for seat belt violations.
* Cited 146 uninsured drivers.
* Cited 39 drivers for have suspended or revoked licenses.
A grant from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission funded the speeding emphasis patrol between July 15 and Sunday.
In Pierce County, the following agencies participated in the enforcement campaign: Bonney Lake, DuPont, Fife, Fircrest, Gig Harbor, Lakewood, Puyallup, Steilacoom, Sumner and Tacoma police departments, the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department and the Washington State Patrol.