A fire inside a Hilltop home this morning left two adults and two kids without a place to stay, Tacoma fire reported.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 900 block of South M Street just after 7:40 a.m., fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said. The occupants were out by the time firefighters arrived.
The flames were primarily on the second floor, which is a finished attic. Crews extinguished the blaze and were working to clear the smoke from the house.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators determined the fire was sparked by an overheated lamp. It caused $30,000 damage to the house and its contents.
Fire apparatus are blocking South M and South Ninth streets.