The Pierce County Fire Marshal’s Office was investigating what sparked a fire Saturday afternoon that damaged an Eatonville home.
South Pierce Fire & Rescue reported that there were no signs of fireworks at the charred home.
A passerby reported smoke coming from the garage of a home in the 36200 block of Jackson Road East about 4 p.m. Crews responded and found flames in the attached two-car garage, South Pierce Fire & Rescue reported.
Firefighters found a caged bird and brought it outside. The bird suffered no apparent injuries.
No one was home at the time.
No injuries were reported.