Central Pierce Fire & Rescue crews were trying to figure out what sparked a fire early today inside an older two-story home in Parkland.
The fire started in an upstairs bedroom room around 3:45 a.m., Central Pierce Fire & Rescue Assistant Chief Randy Stephens said. By the time firefighters arrived at the home in the 1000 block of 108th Street South, all the occupants and the family dog were safely outside.
Firefighters spotted flames coming from three sides of the upstairs.
“It was very heavily involved,” Stephens said.
Crews doused the fire. No firefighters were injured.
UPDATE: Investigators determined that a lit candle on the headboard of a bed started the fire. The blaze caused $200,000 damage.